Replacing Pipes Without Impairing Your Property
- Have you ever seen excavation works in your neighborhood, or on your way home? If you did, then you’ve probably had a first experience of the snarl-ups and detours it necessitates while the work is ongoing. Bad news is, there’s a great chance that that experience wouldn’t be your last if you take your congested drainage or sewer for granted to the point that the only way to fix it is to dig up trenches and holes. Your home’s structure, landscape and foundation will likely be disfigured especially if your drainage and sewer line runs under concrete, or directly under expensive landscaping. But, thanks to the relining solutions Sydney, fixing fractured pipes is less of a pain in the neck now. Why we think it is, read below.
Nuisances You Can Avoid With Relining Solutions Sydney
Disfigured concrete and landscape – If the thought of a ripped off landscape and concrete gives you a scare, much more if it will really happen in your home for a number of days. If you’ve spent a hefty amount to put up a beautiful landscape, then you wouldn’t have to worry about this being ripped off with pipeline relining. Your property remains intact and you don’t necessarily need to find a safer place for you and your family while the work is underway, which is another drawback of digging up trenches and holes. Days are gone where not only worrying about your home’s structure occupies your thoughts but as well as the cost of putting them back together.
Long days without a fully working sewer line – Imagine a day without a working toilet or shower. You can’t, right? But this is sure to happen when the problem with your sewer system is complicated and requires extensive work to complete. Take for example a busted shared sewer line. Without a working sewer, all of the drains around your home would be essentially useless. All your water activity in the house will need to pause for days. Your home will smell and you might just decide to find a temporary place to stay until the sewer is in working order. That means, additional cost for you. To make matters worse, if you have kids and don’t have friends or family to stay with while the work is ongoing, then it will be much more of a problem.
Displaced stuff – Another inconvenience that you can avoid with trenchless pipe repair is the hassle of having to move things away from the work area. The plumbers would be able to help but they would appreciate it if they can get started right away without additional work or delay. Less cost for you too. If the damaged pipe is behind drywalls, plumbers will have to cut the drywall to expose the pipe and replace it. Plus the ordeal of having to move things in your house to give plumbers enough space and avoid unwanted damage.
Extra cost for additional workers and equipment – Paying for extra workers and potentially additional equipment is something inevitable when it comes to pipe repair. This is for the fact that the only way to take the damaged pipe out and repair it is to physically dig it up from beneath the ground. But when it comes down to the Sydney relining solutions, the struggle of having to go through all of these is avoided. Simply put, less labor, less repair expenses for you!
Pipe Problems that Can Lead to Digging Up Your Property
- There are several problems that can lead to your property needing to be dug up and most of these instances are when plumbers will need to repair severely damaged pipes. The reason why catching minor problems early is very critical. It can save you time and money in the long run.
- 1. Corrosion – Corrosion is pipe’s worst enemy. They will slowly eat your pipes away until it can no longer sustain the rust and breaks down. If your drainage or sewer pipe is corrosive you will start having clog situations. In the worst case, this corrosion will become a constant battle for you because it will decrease the amount of water that can travel through the pipe. There are several factors that affect the corrosion level in your pipes, age is definitely one of them, that’s why if you have an old plumbing and you notice you’ve been having clog situations more often than before, call a plumber or inspection right away. If corrosion levels escalate to pipe collapse, it will be much of a problem.
- 2. Several Burst Instances – When your pipe has burst many times, there’s a great chance that it’s material is already weak. So regardless of how many times you fix the section that has busts, you will still likely run into the same problem again, and potentially next time other parts will also be affected. When drain pipes or sewer pipes are broken or ruptured, whatever you flush down on it will have a hard time making it through the system, leading to immediate and frequent backups. Corrosion in older pipes, leaking joints where the seals between sections of pipes have broken and shifting of soil are just common causes of a burst pipe. If this is not treated right away, you’re risking your entire pipe from completely collapsing.
- 3. Tree root infiltration – Older sewer lines are more prone to breakage because some of them are still built out of clay or porous materials. Their connections between the pipe sections aren’t as tight as today’s pipes anymore and will have more chances of root infiltration. Even if your pipe is not old, tree roots can still find your sewer lines through tiny holes, leaks, and gaps that are usually a result of a severe clog. When tree roots are not detected in time, you will suffer from frequent clogs and eventually a pipe collapse.
- 4. Severe clog – Minor clogs may be easy to fix, just like clogs caused by grease in drains, but if you take time before you ask a plumber to clear these grease buildup away, it can lead to massive clogs over time. Debris, food waste, and dirt for example will get trapped in the buildup leading to more sizable obstructions. Foreign objects are also terrible for knocking down your pipe in a jiffy. Unlike tree roots where it can take the roots time to grow inside the pipe and break it, some foreign objects can call for emergency pipe repair or pipe replacement. That’s why, aside from being watchful on where the tree roots in your sewer line grow towards, you should also pay attention to what your kids toss down the drain.
What should you do?
Now that you have an idea of what can happen to your drainage system or sewer line if problems get worse, and the severe consequences in your property that you can avoid, don’t wait any further, call Revolution Pipe Relining to inspect the condition of your pipes and perform plumbing relining right away. Always keep in mind that pipe relining cost is still cheaper than replacing a severely damaged pipe where excavation is necessary and additional workers might be needed to bring your sewer or drainage system back to its full service life with 100% success and in a shorter turnaround time.