- When a homeowner finds out their plumbing urgently needs relining, 2 things happen. They either get the plumber to start working right away, or they will scruple and think if it’s worth a shot, which makes them end up delaying the repair. While it’s only natural to feel the latter, unfortunately, the ‘thinking over’ time only increases the chances of a simple fix to turn out to be a lavish repair job.
- Let’s find out the common reasons why homeowners throw doubt on getting their pipes relined here as well as the questions you need to ask the specialist to be assured they can handle the job with superior results. This will also help you trust that the pipe relining cost you’ll pay is worthwhile.
Top Reasons Why Homeowners Don’t Go For Relining Right Away
They have no idea how bad the condition of their plumbing is – Most homeowners don’t have any clue of the real condition of their plumbing until a plumber inspect the pipeline and show them the result. This is also the same reason why sometimes they delay the problem, they resort to DIY fixes thinking their plunger can handle all sorts of clogs, or, they can always buy a chemical drain cleaner in the worst case. The reality is, no matter how easily a plumbing situation can be fixed, you shouldn’t take it lightly. It always has the tendency to turn into a big mess. Our pipe relining services Sydney cost already covers pipe inspection to identify problems inside the pipe, so you don’t need to worry about extra cost to get this done.
They think the price will significantly make a hole in their savings – Not true. The price to reline a pipe is nothing comparable to the price you’d have to pay when your plumbing requires complete repiping. What makes the price a bit steep is only when you don’t fix a problem right away. Keep in mind that price is determined by how severe the damage is. That means, the longer you wait and still think about getting it fixed, the more you’re increasing the chances of your pipe needing complete replacement. The cost of pipe relining is based on per meter. If the length of the damage is short, the shorter the amount of time to fix, and the less you’d have to pay. Bottom line is unless you’ve had plumbing problems going on for a while, then the repair will definitely make a hole in your savings. If you want to learn how much it will cost you to fix your pipes, you can contact Revolution Pipe Relining for inspection so we can give you a quote.
They doubt it will permanently resolve the problem – It’s only natural to think about this especially when you haven’t tried it, you didn’t do research, or you know no one that has had their plumbing relined. But if you don’t have issues with trusting the words of the specialist, take our word for it. Not only will your fractured pipes be fixed permanently, it will also work like when it was first installed with our superior proficiency.
- In addition, relining comes with many benefits and one of them is the opportunity to have a 50 years warranty. It’s not a set and forget, like how we say it. We provide an annual inspection of the relined pipes to monitor our works and to give you confidence they are in the best condition. If you ask a plumber for inspection, you’ll be charged $100-$800, depending on the extent of the damage. But, we’ll cover this annually for free on your relined pipes.
They don’t know where to contact a trusted company – With all the companies that now exist in the market, it makes it more difficult to decide who you can trust. With a combined 15 years of experience in residential, commercial and industrial pipe relining, we can say with confidence that our experience in this field is enough for you to trust us. We are continually investing in ourselves with the latest training and equipment to keep up to date with new techniques and practices. All of our work is done 100% to the Australian standard, we strictly follow the AS/NZS 3500 Relining Procedure point by point. The important thing to note, if a company invests in their people and for continuous training, that means quality work matters to them. If you still don’t take our word for this, we don’t know how much convincing we still need to make you go for relining.
They think they will need to find a temporary place while the work is ongoing – Pipe relining solutions are trenchless pipe repair methods, which means you don’t need to worry about finding a temporary safe place while the work is underway. Depending on exactly where the repair needs to take place, some of your stuff may be moved or displaced, but none of them will be damaged. Even when your pipe is behind walls, in tight spaces, or underground. In most cases, we will only need a single entry to slip through the liner into the pipe which is a non-invasive method compared to digging holes and trenches where you’d end up with a ripped off yard, driveway, or damaged walls. That’s why relining a pipe earlier than when it gets severely damaged is a huge favor you can give yourself to avoid making the problem worse and pricey.
Things You Should Ask or Be Keen About
How long have they been doing the job?
Are they licensed to perform the necessary repair?
Do they have a customer feedback on their website?
Did they invest in their own worker, equipment and tools?
Are they doing the job themselves and not outsourcing?
Do they use superb materials and are up to Australian standards?
Are they providing product guarantees and can be reached 24/7?
Are they going to fix an installation problem for free?
Do they monitor their work after the job is done?
Do they provide price quotes and details of the work needed to be done?
When Pipe Relining Cost Sydney Becomes a Bit Steep?
- Pipe relining will not cost you arm and leg, but as every pipe problem is different, there are instances where the price can get a bit steep. Here’s when;
- 1. There’s significant damage because of holding off fixing a minor problem.
- 2. When most or the entire pipe is damaged and pipe patching cannot be performed.
- 3. When there are more branch lines to repair.
- 4. If getting the equipment to the repair location will take additional time and will likely require more staff to help carry, i.e. in the basement of a large shopping mall, or building where the only way to bring the equipment down there is by hand.
- 5. If a small hole is needed to be dug to create an access point for the repair.
- 6. If the pipe is full of roots or requires more hours to clear before relining.
What should you do?
Generally, every pipe problem is unique and you can never tell what is really going on or how much it will cost to fix the pipe by just the symptoms it is showing. At Revolution Pipe Relining, we can get this covered with our CCTV drain camera and provide you with an accurate diagnosis. To prove damages, we will show you the video footage and discuss options for repair. Whenever we feel there’s a better and a more affordable option to fix the pipe, we will also let you know about it before getting things started.
The bottom line is, the cost to reline damaged pipe is not as expensive as you think, that’s why being a responsible homeowner really pays off. That means, whenever you feel there’s something wrong with your plumbing, let the pipe relining company right away!