- Have you been having problems with your plumbing but you can’t figure out why? Did you know that embarrassingly those devil-may-care plumbing habits you’re doing make you the worst enemy of your plumbing system? The good thing is, you can avoid most of the plumbing headaches and repair costs by just knowing each of them and how it can wreak havoc in your home. Let’s check out each of them.
Plumbing Activities That Can Cause the Most Damage to Your Plumbing System
- NOT BEING MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU TOSS DOWN YOUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL
- Garbage disposal should have no problem breaking food scraps, but when you’re not mindful about what you put into it, problems will start to come about. Unfortunately, despite your high expectations, the reality is, that no garbage disposals can handle all sorts of food scraps. That means, it has limitations. Fruits and vegetable peels, meat bones, eggshells, stringy foods like pasta, and other food items that are solid or slippery enough to escape the disposal are just some of the food scraps you should avoid hitting the drain. Simply because they neither break down completely nor dissolved. You might not notice it but the scraps from these foods only get through the disposal and down your drains. If you also throw greasy items and used cooking oil in your kitchen drains, these items can all the more make your drains choke when food scraps come in contact with it and form lumps and ball of blockages.
- TOO MUCH RELIANCE OF CHEMICAL DRAIN CLEANERS
- If you’re like other homeowners who can’t resist the quick fix promise of a chemical drain cleaner, then expect your plumbing to only hold up a shorter year. It is a misconception that chemical drain cleaners are powerful enough to clear clogs. When you pour this harsh chemical down your clogged drain it will eat through the blockage and won’t leave your pipes untouched. The corrosive acids will stay on the joint first, then they will continue to work their way to the pipes. This process unfortunately only slowly eats your pipes away but doesn’t guarantee a complete remedy to any blockage. The vicious cycle continues when you keep using harsh cleaners until your pipe will reach a point of complete failure. It’s best to steer clear of this remedy, but If you think you have been using chemical drain cleaners for ages, call Revolution Pipe Relining right away. We’ll run a drain camera through your pipe to check for damages caused by harsh chemicals and recommend pipe relining or pipe replacement when the damage is bad enough for your pipe to still hold up.
- POURING GREASE DOWN THE DRAIN
- Oftentimes, when a kitchen drain refuses to let the water or food scraps through, build-up of grease, fat and oil are to blame. You might be surprised to know that even a drip of grease poured down daily can greatly affect how your drainage system operates in the long run. When you pour grease into your sink, it doesn’t all easily travel down your pipe and into the sewers where they meet up with other waste. They slowly crawl down your pipes or stay on the pipe surface waiting for the right time to come in contact with other food waste to form a clog. When this happens, flushing water will become difficult to do. So, the next time you’re cooking greasy foods, don’t be tempted to pour them down your kitchen drain. It may be a small favor to do, but it does have a long-term impact on your drains when you perpetually resist it.
- DISREGARDING SIMPLE PLUMBING PROBLEMS
- There’s really nothing wrong with fixing a simple plumbing problem later when you have time to do so, but remember, it is also this time that you’re giving the problem an opportunity to worsen. What you might think is just easy to fix is already a sign of a major problem. For instance, a blocked toilet. It is so common that hardly anyone can tell could be a red flag of a serious problem down the line. This happens when there are build-ups of food waste or tree roots blocking the pipe. If you notice your toilet is sluggishly flushing even after you’ve adjusted the water pressure, then you really have a blockage problem at hand. Don’t waste time reaching your plunger. You must have fixed a block with a plunger the first time, or the second, but that doesn’t mean you will continue to have a stroke of luck the next time. The key to working plumbing all the time is to not ignore any problems, despite how easy it is you might think.
- FLUSHING UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF TOILET PAPER
- Nothing is done excessively can do good. The same is true with your plumbing, specifically your toilet. They do have limitations to the amount of toilet paper they can take and when they reach that point, they can become a problem. Therefore, the next time you take a leak or dump, think before you drop. Make it a habit to try to be conservative in the amount of toilet paper you use. It may be hard to believe, but toilet papers are made to maintain their form, even when dissolved in water. You can never find toilet paper that rots in a flash the moment it gets flushed down the toilet. They take time to dissolve and when used excessively more than what seems reasonable, can terribly clog your toilet and may completely block your sewer line. When it gets to this point, it will require a lot of work and a professional sewer pipe relining professional to do.
- RESORTING TO DIY
- There’s nothing wrong with applying what you’ve learned on YouTube or over the internet. But, only when it won’t do more harm than good in your plumbing. Home remedies are good to try, but make sure you won’t end up calling a professional plumber to fix a botched job you did. Keep in mind that even a simple repair when done wrong can in turn into a costly mess, like leaks. So, don’t compromise. Avoid being lured to the money-saving promised by DIY fixes. They are nothing but just a hit and miss solution. If you want to have long-term working plumbing, call the pipe relining in Sydney experts as soon as you encounter a problem instead. We guarantee a complete fix to damaged pipes whether it’d be cracks, leaks or dislodged parts.
What should you do?
Sometimes it only takes a few changes in plumbing habits to keep fully-operational plumbing, but if you have been doing all of the above for a while now, we recommend you speak to our team urgently. Your plumbing is already compromised, so don’t take chances anymore if you don’t want to risk paying a hefty sum for major plumbing repairs down the road. Call Revolution Pipe Relining right away and we’ll send someone to your home to inspect the system further.
We offer a competitive pipe relining cost for our drain relining, sewer pipe relining or pipe relining. All of which will restore your damaged pipe to full functionality.