You Should Not Ignore
- Did you hear gurgling or knocking sounds in your house that just seem to appear out of nowhere? Unless there’s a supernatural thing that exists in your home, then it’s time to call a plumber to check for potential plumbing problems. Your pipe sound may remain a mystery to you if you’re not an expert, that’s why we’re going to discuss with you some strange sounds you might have heard at home but you don’t have a clue what it is trying to tell you. Whether or not the sound is loud, those strange noises are worth paying for as they could imply a greater problem down the line, at worse, in your walls.
Plumbing Sounds You Should Not Ignore
- A whooshing sound in your shower could mean a buildup of sediments has formed in your plumbing pipes or hot water heater. Hard water is terrible for your plumbing system as it contains a lot of mineral particles floating in it. Too much exposure to hard water will encourage limescale to build up, eventually clogging drains or your water heater, and decrease water quality. Usually, this isn’t a problem, but when water is heated like when you take a shower, those particles precipitate and settle inside the pipe. When water passes through the buildup it will make a whooshing sound. Take note, even if the hard water running in your plumbing only contains a small number of minerals to cause clogs, they can still react with soap in a way that forms soap scum that can harden as it goes down your pipes.
- There are 3 reasons that can contribute to the rattling sound in your plumbing pipe. When the pipes are loose, the vent is blocked and there’s too much water pressure. For a variety of reasons, no matter the type of materials used in your plumbing pipe they can loosen over time and produce unpleasant noise, such as rattling sounds. A loose pipe can vibrate and bang against the wall. Take a quick look at your plumbing and inspect all of the visible plumbing pipes. Make sure they’re all tightly fastened. As for water pressure problems, you can regulate this by adjusting the regulator that’s attached to the water supply line where it enters your home. Whatever the cause of the rattling noise, it’s your clue that it’s time to call a professional. If the problem is not inspected, it will not only make your pipes rattle but also cause severe damage to both the pipe system and your fixtures.
- Aside from the rattling sound, your fixtures can also make a hissing sound like a snake, if the water pressure is too high for the pipes to handle. High water pressure is not only a huge water waster, it can also take a toll on your plumbing pipes. Adjusting the water pressure according to what your pipes can handle can lower your monthly water bills and also save your pipes, appliances, and fixtures from wearing away before their end of service life. Although hissing sounds may initially be nothing to worry about, the force of the water against the pipes causing the noise may lead to leaks.
- As the name implies, a dripping sound is an obvious sign of a leak in your plumbing. Don’t ignore that dripping noise, no matter how slow the drip. Keep in mind that a single leaky tap can waste as much as 3,000 gallons of water in one year. Not to mention the water damage and cost to repair your pipes when it completely breaks. So as soon as you hear that dripping sound, report the problem to your trusted plumber right away. We can help diagnose the cause of the problem and even prevent major problems from happening.
- Do you drain gurgles? There’s a number of reasons why your plumbing could gurgle, but in most cases, it is because of a blocked drain. When the drain is clear from obstructions, water, and air bubbles can travel together down the drain easily. However, for a system that is used on frequent occasions and takes waste every time, it’s normal that a mixture of dirt, grease, and other debris could build up. This buildup can result in the water flowing slower than it should which restricts the bubbles to get through the pipes and be released at the closest vent, thus the gurgling sounds. If the gurgling noise is evident to all the drains throughout your home, a severe blockage could be present. Severe blockage can be detected with a sewer camera by drain experts like the sewer pipe relining Sydney. We can also clear the obstructions whether it’d be tree roots or other forms of blockage.
Other things you should not ignore
- You should not ignore calling a plumbing sewer relining contractor. No matter how you feel or think you can find out and fix the problem yourself, never ever do that! There’s always more to what you see and hear in the plumbing that only the sewer line relining or plumbing experts can handle. Sometimes you may think you only have leaks in your plumbing but the reality is there is a huge block down the line. To make sure you’re provided with the right diagnosis and fix, contact us right away. With our sewer pipe relining in Sydney procedure, we can inspect problems in your pipes with our sewer drain camera and fix issues in a short amount of time. We can also give your recommendations of the best practices and ways to use your plumbing that it will not reach the point where it would make some noise or completely fail.
What should you do?
If you are not so handy with an auger to physically clear your drains, or an expert to accurately diagnose what these plumbing sounds is all about, Revolution Pipe Relining, your sewer pipe relining expert has a range of effective solutions to troubleshoot and fix issues in your plumbing system. Even if the problem has already gotten to a point where we need to dig or just simply need to seal up leaks, gaps, holes and other fractures, we can handle all of these.