- Unfortunately, sewer problems don’t take the colder seasons off. In fact, extreme weather conditions can take an even greater toll on sewers than warm weather does. So we suggest you take steps to ensure your sewer system remains in top shape. Here are ways your sewer pipe relining in Sydney professionals can help you prevent winter plumbing problems.
- CCTV Pipe Inspection – Plumbing situations are unpredictable and can be aggravating especially when it happens during extreme weather conditions when repairs can be difficult. If you don’t want to find yourself in a plumbing situation during the blustery days, we recommend getting a CCTV pipe inspection. With our pipe cameras, we can have a close look at the interior of the pipe to examine any forms of defects before it can even turn into something much more costly and disruptive. Take for example tree roots. You will never know roots are growing in your sewer lines unless a plumber feeds through a camera and find this out for you or you start to notice episodes of a blocked drain. Roots not cleared in time can produce leaks in pipes and eventually collapse.
- Blocked sewer clearing – Blockages can affect your house’s plumbing system in a variety of ways, much more during winter when it is more likely to increase the chances of a burst pipe and even sewage backup. During harsh weather months, grease and oil washed down can harden and add up to the blockage that could probably be already present in your sewer line. Therefore, along with pipe inspection, blocked sewer clearing is much-needed maintenance you should consider. Clearing blockages in pipes no matter how you think it’s minimal can mean so much over time in your home. This can help you prevent potentially expensive repairs caused by blockages.
- Leak Detection – As we move into the thick of the winter, the chances of running into pipe problems increase. Leaking pipes for example can be one of the problems that could crop up if the passageway for water becomes blocked due to freezing wastewater or sewages within your plumbing placing an overwhelming amount of stress on the pipes and causing cracks and gaps. Apart from camera inspection, sewer relining contractors like Revolution Pipe Relining can also find out if there’s a leak in your pipeline through different leak tests. If we determine a leak in the sewer line is present, we can provide you with different options to fix it without causing disruption to your property.
- Sewer Pipe Relining – As we face new enemies at this time of year such as freezing temperature and with a lot of things going on inside the pipe, you wouldn’t really know if your sewer system can hold up for long. Therefore we recommend the sewer care and maintenance options above. However, if we find problems in your drain and sewer line of any kind that will reduce its functionality, worst, its lifespan, we can carry out sewer pipe relining and drain pipe relining to create a new pipe within the old one. Making it more durable and able to stand to different stress despite the weather conditions.
Top 3 Sewer Problems Your Home Is Susceptible to During Cold Weather
Sewer Leaks – Your sewer lines may be lying underneath your feet but they are not resistant to cold weather problems. Heavy snow and harsh weather can cause sewer lines to crack, especially when it has a buildup that is not addressed. Pipe joints could also loosen and become misaligned.
Tree Root Issues – During the cold months of the year, one would think that tree roots become lazy, but they’re wrong. Instead, they continue to look for sources of moisture underground and deeper to thrive. For tree roots, the warm water flowing through the sewer lines is a lifesaver, therefore they’re attracted to it. A thorough sewer inspection can determine if thirsty tree roots have found their way into your sewer lines.
Blocked Sewer Lines – Sewer pipes are typically made of either copper or PVC materials that expand and contract when exposed to temperature changes. Considering the effects of cold temperatures on pipes in mind, it’s safe to say that if your sewer pipes are subjected to winter weather, the sewage waste inside can expand because it freezes. Along with the high chance that your pipe can contract when it’s cold, this can spell disaster. If the sewer pipe bursts to the point that it is beyond repair, you will need to completely replace it.
What should you do?
Wintertime can be tough on your sewer system. If you’re not on top of sewer care and maintenance, you could easily end up with a lot of sewer problems as icy weather takes its toll. Fortunately, you can count on Revolution Pipe Relining to protect your plumbing from dropping temperature’s harsh effects.
We know that your pipes can act up any time of the day or night, and it’s much worse if it happens when the weather is so bad and repair can get difficult. So, don’t take any chances. Call our team to help find out and fix sewer issues before it becomes too difficult or expensive to fix! We can go out and check your sewer pipes for free so we can give you an accurate sewer pipe relining cost as well as do the options we recommended here for you!