Expert Tips on Clearing Blocked Drains
- Despite well-designed plumbing, almost inevitably, clogs can still occur in your drains because of factors that are beyond control. Drains take different nasty things on a daily basis. Think about the food waste you throw down your sink, the hair, soap scum and dirt washed in your shower. All of these can impact the way your drainage operates in the long run. While your drains are meant to do these things, they don’t deserve to be taken for granted especially when they’re in bad shape because of a clog. With a little help from us, it won’t be long enough that your blocked drains will be back in service. So hang around till the end.
Expert Tips on Clearing Blocked Drains
- Tip #1 Use Handy Plumbing Tools
- Every household has some handy tools like a plunger to clear clogs away. You may first attempt to unclog a drain using this tool. With the right type of plunger, a simple clog would be easy to handle, but if it doesn’t work, it may be an indication of a severe clog and require a more effective tool. We
- You can also use an auger or a plumber’s snake for simple clogs, like those caused by hair. Insert the hook end of the snake down the drain and rotate the handle slowly. As you turn the handle, the auger feeds more on the drain to dislodge the clog. If you’re knowledgeable in using these tools and comfortable in clearing the clogs yourself, you might just be able to solve the problem like a pro. You just need to be careful while using these tools for the reasons below;
- Plunger – When the toilet backs up, people can get too frantic to clear the clogs right away and thrust the plunger so hard, assuming they can get rid of the clogs quickly. Doing this may break the toilet or crack the seal between the toilet and the floor. Make sure you get a good seal around the toilet opening, while thrusting the clog rapidly. This helps create a pressure that will help you dislodge the clog safely and quickly.
- Auger – Manual augers are especially useful in clearing simple drain or toilet clogs, dislodging debris, and passing through the sewer system. In most clogged drains, the manual plumbing snake is sufficient to clear minor blockages relatively close to the drain opening. For snaking your drains, you will want to make sure you’re using the right size. Using the wrong size could cause the snake to curl up on itself and scratch the insides of the drain. This could constraint the pipe, lead to leaks, and increase the chances of severe damage to an extent that a pipe replacement is required.
- While these tools seem not complicated to use, improperly using them can only do more harm than good in your drains. Unless you want to break your toilet or create more trouble, only use these plumbing tools at home when you know it’s something you can expertly handle.
- Tip #2 Advise the Drain Cleaning Companies Sydney
- After trying to clear a clog with handy tools and it didn’t change anything at all, call Revolution Pipe Relining to do further inspection. There’s no need to waste time. Keep in mind that a simple clog has the potential to escalate into a bigger problem when you wait to fix it later. This will increase the chances of your drainage to require complete pipe replacement, which is more costly than drain relining.
- With a drain camera, we can accurately spot the cause of the problem and perform drain cleaning more efficiently. For tough clogs, we usually use a hydro jet. This tool sends high-pressure water through the pipes to break down buildups and get rid of dirt and debris that triggers slow drainage. A hydro jet can shoot 20 gallons max of water per minute and can handle different types of buildup from hair, to food grease, and tree roots.
- Tip #3 Hire a Drain Relining Sydney Expert
- When drain cleaning won’t do the job because your drainage has already spring a leak, we recommend drain relining Sydney. We use this method to clear the clogs and seal off cracks so your drains can operate again, even more efficiently than it used to. Your drain isn’t supposed to spring a leak when clogs were cleared at the start or regular drain inspection was carried out. Fortunately, fixing leaks and cracks on pipes nowadays are not as complicated as it was before. Drain pipe relining makes it easy for us to revive your drainage system in just a short amount of time.
Benefits of Drain Pipe Relining
- 1. Increases the lifespan of your drainage system by minimizing the chances of buildup.
- 2. It gets rid of stubborn clogs and makes the drain as seamless as possible.
- 3. It seals off cracks, leaks and disconnected joints.
- 4. It requires no ripping off your property to fix the fractured pipes.
- 5. Drain relining cost is a lot cheaper than repeated blocked drain repair.
- 6. It can be completed in just a day’s work.
What should you do?
- Clog-free pipes and drains come with lasting benefits that you and your entire family can enjoy all year round. This includes saying goodbye to clogs, avoiding chances of backups and floods, getting rid of unpleasant smells and strange pipe noises, and even the added bonus of lower water bills. If you trust our advice here, speak to us right away and let’s get the ball rolling to get your blocked drains working again.