Why You Shouldn't Put Off Sewer Repairs
- Sewers are a vital part of every property because it is responsible for delivering hazardous waste material to the treatment area. While there may be some repairs you can put off without any significant consequences coming of it in your property, that is generally not the case when it comes to sewer repairs. Here’s a couple of common sewer problems and the reason why you shouldn’t ignore it.
2 Common Signs of Sewer Problems and Why You Should Not Ignore It?
- 1. Leaking – Leaking is one of the classic examples that no one should ignore; one leaking tap may appear a simple problem to solve, but multiple leaking is a result of significant trouble down the line. Symptoms of a potential leaking in sewers can manifest in different ways, i.e. mould and mildew under your kitchen sinks, a sudden jump in the water bill, musty smelling rooms, paint-peeling on ceilings and walls, etc. Take notice that these leaking symptoms are not noticeable unless you have regular maintenance or you’re keen enough to inspect your plumbing routinely. When leaking signs continuously go undetected, it will lead to costly damages in your property.
- 2. Poor Drainage or Clogged Drain – Slow drain instances are nothing to cry over, especially when you can manage to fix it with just a few pumps or by removing what seems blocking the flow. But if you’ve done everything you could and had no luck, there’s a big chance that there’s a sizable element blocking somewhere down the drainpipe or the sewer line. If the problem is occurring not just in one drain in your property, speak with a plumber right away. Blockages, when not removed immediately, can lead to leaking, sewer backup, worse, make your sewer pipe collapse.
Leaking and poor drainage repercussion
- Leaking Repercussions
- 1. Lead to Mould – The problem with waiting to fix a leak, is that water leaks provide the perfect environment for mould to develop. Mould thrives in a damp and warm area and is particularly attracted to porous materials like wood, drywall and carpet. Mould can damage cabinets, walls, flooring, etc. The best thing you can do when faced with this situation is nip it in the bud at the very first signs of a water leak. If the mould gets out of hand, the cost to repair can add up. To avoid this, do not put fixing plumbing leaks on the back burner and be watchful with the early signs of a leak as this can very much save you from costly repair.
- 2. Spike on water bill – A jump in the water bill will not be so noticeable right away if the leaking is not significant. However, a continuously running toilet and undetected pinhole leak in cases of properties with copper pipes, will in a month or two account for an unusual increase in your water bill. If you’re better off keeping your money from running down the drain, report this issue with a plumber right away and get them to fix the problem once and for all.
- 3. Flaking paints on ceilings and walls – Paint peeling happens when paint loses its adhesion to the surface of the walls or ceilings because of increased moisture or humidity. Leakings on the pipe behind the walls are one of the causes of peeling or flaking paints. The problem with hidden leaks is that property owners typically do not notice until they have already caused a considerable amount of damage.
- Poor Drainage or Clogged Drain Repercussion
- 1. Sewer back up – Sewer backups can take place in one pipe, but it can also take place in your main sewer line. When it gets to this point, backups and slow drainage will appear in various areas around your home and cause flooding events, not just in your property but also to your neighbours. That is why it is always a smart decision to call a blocked drain specialist straight away when you experience a clogged or slow drain before it’s too late.
- 2. Unpleasant Odour – When clogs are large enough to obstruct water from getting through, the result is always piping drying out. Dried out drain pipes will lose its moisture to soak up smells caused by waste; hence unpleasant odours enter your property.
- 3. Health risk – Obstructed and damaged drainage sewer lines cause sewage overflow leading to potential health risk. Harmful elements, such as toxic chemicals and bacteria present in the waste will expose anyone within your property to health concerns; therefore, obstructed sewer lines require immediate attention to avoid this from happening.
what should you do?
- While you may not be financially ready to resort to repair now, if you do not take a step, you are going to pay the price eventually. Either way, it is going to cost; more in the long run. The best time to make repairs is now! Pipe Relining Sydney companies, like Revolution Pipe Relining, can repair your sewer pipes even at the first sign of trouble. We are experts in drain pipe relining and sewer pipe relining, both for residential and commercial properties. We take pride in having completed many drains and sewer relining projects through trenchless sewer relining approach for our customers with maximum convenience because we don’t need to dig up your pipe to locate and fix any damages, clogs, and leaks.
Why Pipe Relining Services Sydney over regular repair?
Limited to no excavation required
Pipe relining cost is cheaper compared to traditional pipe repair.
Can be completed in a day’s work
Relined pipes are more durable and efficient.
No extra cost for renovation and excavation works