Things You Should Be Keen About Before Pipe Relining
- The possibility that you need a drain or sewer repair is inevitable and it usually happens when you least expect them. So it makes a lot of sense to prepare ahead rather than do something only when the need arises. And there’s no better way to do it than to follow the advice from the professionals. Let’s take a quick look at the things you should know and do before you agree on a pipe relining job.
Things You Should Be Keen About Before Pipe Relining
- The condition of your existing pipe system
- If you happen to come across this page, very likely your pipe system is giving you a lot of trouble lately. But, doesn’t mean you have a problem at hand, then pipe relining will be the only solution. To find out the exact root cause of your pipeline problem, we can send a camera down your drain to see if leaks, holes, and gaps are present, and how bad the problem is. We don’t do guesswork or assume. This is because some pipe problems can be fixed by clearing the obstructions with a jetter, or patching the compromise pipe sections only. Since the condition of the existing pipe plays a big role in determining the entire cost of the job, it is necessary for professionals to come out and investigate the problem first. Doing this will ensure an accurate diagnosis is produced for you, for transparency and the appropriate relining method will be carried out.
- The company’s reputation
- Wouldn’t it be nice to know the people you entrust your plumbing with? Companies with good reputations are likely the ones who won’t take advantage of you. It is bad for their business. You can ask for recommendations from your friends who have used their service before, or you can look up the internet for some reviews. Survey shows that the main reasons for trusting a product or service are previous experience with that company and good online reviews. You can also make a direct enquiry by calling the company so you’re certain you’re getting the right answers from the people who will handle the job. So do your part before hiring them. Doing so will ensure you make the best possible choice out of the results of your research.
- The benefits pipe relining companies offer
- It’s true that most people look at the price of a product or service before acquiring them, but it’s the benefits that drive them to buy. So we recommend that you take into consideration the same thing. That means, even if the other pipe relining services Sydney company is offering you a price lower than your expected budget, if it doesn’t commensurate with the benefits they offer, then drop it! Besides, you have to be careful about companies who are offering services with a too good to be true price. They are likely the ones who will either milk you or give you a dishonest quote.
- The cost of pipe relining your pipe
- To make your life easier before hiring a company that offers pipe relining solutions, it would be a good starting point to request a quote. Unlike estimates where you can usually generate in the company’s website, quotes are more accurate. Quotes ensure the professionals are doing work based on what was quoted. Because there are common traps you can fall into, it is important to request a quote prior to the job. Most plumbing companies will give you a quote unless there are still unknown problems or materials needed.
- As standard, you should be able to see breakdown in the quote for the exact details of the work to be done, cost of labour, parts and materials to be used, and how long is it valid for. If your quote doesn’t indicate these items, be curious and ask as many questions you possibly can. Remember, a quote becomes a legally binding contract when you accept the offer, so be very keen about this.
- The factors that make up for the pipe relining cost
- Another thing you must get right is to know the factors that make up for the pipe relining cost. For example the length and the size of the pipe, the method to use, accessibility, the number of junctions, etc. All of these account for the cost and this should be clear to you before you agree to the job. Remember, a company may not be allowed to charge you more than the agreed price once you agree to the offer, but if the scope of the job changes while it is underway, they absolutely can. So to make sure the pipe relining job won’t exceed your expected budget, be aware of these. After all, once you sign the contract, you have no one else to blame for possible overcharges but yourself. As a piece of advice, the average pipe relining cost of a household can go roughly $4oo-$1,000 per meterage.
Other checklists to avoid falling victim to criminal companies
- • Check if they have a website where you can see customer reviews and feedback.
- • Check if they have a permit or license to do the job.
- • Check if they are using quality materials and are Australian Watermarked.
- • Check the previous works they’ve done.
- • Check if their price is within market range.
- • Check how many years they have been operating.
- • Check if they have their own equipment and are not sourcing out the job.
- • Check if they offer a product guarantee.
Before you run some calculations for a pipe relining job in your home, make sure not to miss any of our advice above. This will give you confidence that before we hit the ground running you’re already aware of the things you should be keen about, especially the ones that make up for the pipe relining cost.