6 Great Ways to Take Care
of Your Plumbing
- Every homeowner’s wish is prolly not to deal with any plumbing situations at all. But, no matter how many times you’d wish for this to happen, the reality is the opposite. Pipes may be designed to last long, but just like anything used daily and on frequent times, it wears away. Even those that you’ve lavishly paid for when it was installed. But the good news is, there are ways you can prevent plumbing problems from happening. If that’s something you wish to learn today, stay with us as we run through some of the best practices that you can start right away to keep a healthy plumbing.
6 Great Ways to Take Care of Your Plumbing
- 1. Fix simple issues as soon as it occurs – What you do daily always matters in the long run and that’s also true in your plumbing. Simply saying, when you fix simple issues straight away you can significantly do away with potential major issues in the future. Take for example a burst pipe. A burst pipe is a situation that you don’t just patch up. You may do so to try to reduce water damage in your home, but keep in mind to call a professional to fix it permanently. A leak or a hole in the pipe can easily escalate into a flood situation when you wait longer. Don’t compromise your home or your plumbing. We’re just a ring away to save your day.
- 2. Change a few plumbing habits that are not helping in sustaining your pipe’s health – They say, it’s hard to give up something you’ve already gotten used to, but sometimes you have to do what’s right even if it’s painful. Nah, we’re not talking about emotions here, but your plumbing. A lot of homeowners are used to using toilet paper excessively. But did you know that flushing toilet paper down the toilet can only do more harm to your plumbing over time? If you watch the news daily, it probably caught your attention when a news channel has reported a noticeable spike in drain and sewer blockages during heights of the pandemic in Australia because of toilet paper, wet wipes, and other items you think do dissolve, but they don’t. So, if you don’t want to contribute to this problem, start listing down plumbing habits that you need to break not just for the sake of your sewer lines, but as well as for the entire community.
- 3. Call a professional to fix issues that are beyond your understanding and capability to do – If you can’t figure out why your car has sprung a leak, would you still give it a try? The same goes for your plumbing. Whilst there are simple plumbing issues that are easy to fix, for example, loose parts, leaks, and other issues that are beyond your ability to understand are not part of it. There are just problems that are simple to see, but hard to comprehend. Simple to understand, but complicated to do. So if you’re better off without a headache, keep your hands off the job. Just remember, we’ve redone a lot of shoddy work and it cost our customers more than when they called us to fix the problem the first time.
- 4. Avoid doing things that can compromise your pipeline’s structural integrity – Because life doesn’t stop when your plumbing is acting up, sometimes you need to find a way to make it work until a professional can come and properly fix the problem. However, it is also during this time where you can be careless with your solutions. We mean, using a chemical drain cleaner when clearing a clog. More often than not, homeowners reached for quick and easy solutions rather than call for professional help. Chemical drain cleaners whilst effective in clearing clogs, can warp and melt pipes in the long run. When this happens, the pipe will start to weaken until it will completely lose its structural integrity and fail. In cases of metal pipes, excessive use of chemical drain cleaners will allow for corrosion to happen. If it’s already corroded, then your pipe will have a greater chance to fail soon than those pipes that are cleaned professionally.
- 5. Go for a permanent and guaranteed solution, rather than the quick and cheap – It’s just natural for people to find repair options where they can save on cost. But, bear in mind that some companies use this technique to attract you to do business with them but you will only end up with a problem that keeps coming back. Don’t compromise! Unless of course, you’re happy to pay a plumber every time they come out to fix the same problem over and over again. As a rule of thumb, know your options right away and go for the permanent solution. This way, you’re sure you wouldn’t be running into the same problem or other problem related to what you initially called the plumber for. If this is something you need help with right now, speak with the Revolution Pipe Relining team. We have all the tools at our disposal to ensure your plumbing problems are taken care of to the highest standard.
- 6. Consider Relining Solutions – If you’re looking for an exceptional way to take care of your plumbing, it is to ensure that they are free from all types of fractures and clogs. That means they are healthy inside out. Our Sydney relining solutions are full-packed with procedures that can make your drainage system work at optimum capacity. Initially, we send a drain camera to inspect potential issues down the line. Whether an obstruction or a fracture has occurred, our high-grade camera will be able to see that. Once we find out what needs to be done to keep your plumbing in good shape, we prepare the pipe for repair. We clean the pipe first to make sure there is no debris nor clogs blocking the pipe. Then we start with the pipeline relining process.
What should you do?
As you may have learned by now, taking care of plumbing only requires 2 important actions from you. To take action right away as soon as plumbing problems arise and change a few plumbing habits that are not helping in keeping your pipe healthy. But none of these will be helpful when your pipe is already in bad condition. Lucky you’re here. We offer a range of relining solutions Sydney to get your fractured and clogged plumbing back to business. If you hire us, you’re guaranteed a professionally done job and you’ll never ever have to worry about running into drainage problems ever again.