PVC Pipe Relining has changed the way traditional repairs are undertaken
- There is much evidence that when it comes to pipe repair, the more it works well and the less expensive it is, the more it is a better option. These are common reasons why many customers opt for PVC Pipe Relining to repair defective PVC pipes in homes and commercial spaces.
- PVC pipes work well for home plumbing because of its low rust and corrosion rate. That means, it rarely needs replacement unless it is severely damaged and starts to leak. However, while PVC pipes have notable advantages, it also has a few common disadvantages which make it not always a perfect option for piping in homes and commercial facilities, and subject for pipe repair.
FACTORS THAT CAN MAKE PVC PIPES REACH ITS POINT OF FAILURE
- Underground soil and debris – Underground debris and rocks can create friction which can reduce the PVC pipes physical structure and in turn makes the pipes fail. That’s why it is essential to clear any debris as much as possible before any PVC pipe installation. To avoid friction when soil is heavily rocky where the pipe needs to run, contractors use a specialised tool to pulverize the rocks first. Freezing and thawing are the most common scenarios as well that can make the pipe reach its breaking points. This condition can cause the soil to shift and wreak havoc on a plumbing system, that is why to safeguard the pipe against thawing and freezing cycles, it should be installed at least 1-2 feet underground. Talking about soil movement, soil shifting is another major havoc why PVC pipes fail. While PVC has higher flexibility than other types of pipe materials, it can reach its greatest strain due to these factors.
- Water velocity – If water passes through PVC too quickly, conditions such as shock pressure, or water hammer can develop. It happens when water stops or changes directions suddenly. The hammering you hear is a result of the shock wave causing the pipes to move and strike against each other. Water hammer can be so forceful that it can break pipes or loosen the plumbing joints. This condition can do immense damage to the PVC, regardless of the durability of the material used. If you have PVC installed for irrigation systems or home plumbing, you need to be well-informed of the maximum flow rate that your PVC pipe can accommodate.
- Installation issues – No matter how durable the underground pipe material is made of, without a well-planned plumbing system, PVC will reach its point of failure – this is what happens when cement is used to glue the PVC to its fittings. PVC is extremely permeable and can break down when too much cement is applied. It can also get too weak without enough cement. Another installation problem with PVC is that the outer edges need to be as smooth as possible so that joints can bond together completely and the cement can ensure proper cohesion. If they aren’t glued enough, leaks can occur. Short installation is on the other hand another addition to installation error. This happens when a contractor fails to push a pipe into a fitting, which in turn creates a gap. The gap can cause the pipe system to fail due to the accumulation of contaminants.
- Degrades to sunlight – When unprotected PVC pipes are heavily exposed to sunlight, expect that bad things can happen. The sun’s UV rays can make the pipe undergo massive heat impact that can degrade the pipe’s physical structure leading to cracking, splintering, and splitting. If you likely need to run PVC pipes above ground for whatever purpose, it may work well for you to protect the pipe from overexposure to sun. You can do this by either painting the pipe or installing a covering.
WHAT IS PVC PIPE RELINING AND HOW CAN IT FIX COMMON PROBLEMS WITH PVC PIPES?
- PVC Pipe Relining is a process of relining the defective sewer PVC pipes that lay underneath homes, offices, and other structures. The process involves curing the surface of the pipe in question that has failed because of leaks, breaks and blockages that have occurred due to daily wear and tear, or natural corrosion process.
- What makes this method a dominant choice for most customers is its ability to produce a brand-new pipe, more durable and efficient than the originally-installed PVC pipes.
- It is a trenchless method, which means, digging up the old pipe to physically repair it is only limited or necessarily at all, in most cases. The original or host pipe is repaired by feeding through and running a felt tube lining into the existing pipe.
- The epoxy resin is the key material used in this process that is slipped within the liner. It is then mixed with a hardening element to make it stick to the walls of the host pipe. The felt-tube liner will then take its place as the replacement pipe after the curing process is complete; this Pipe Relining Solutions, or Sewer Pipe Relining, as it is also known for, is suitable not just for PVC pipes used in home plumbing, but as well as in commercial plumbing, whether the damage is a result of the factors mentioned above, or daily wear and tear.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Sydney Pipe Relining cost varies due to some factors which include accessibility of the pipe, the length of the liner, the diameter of the pipe, etc. But in order for you to get an honest and accurate price of the relining job, make sure to get in touch with the PVC Pipe Relining Services Sydney company. Never ever connect with plumbing companies that are quoting you with prices that are too good to be true.
WHAT ARE THE KEY BENEFITS
- PVC Pipe Relining cost is cheaper compared to the traditional dig and repair method. This is specifically because excavation, or digging holes in your walls which always makes pipe repair costly, is no longer needed. You save on cost, time and inconvenience of restoring what has been damaged during the repair.
Relined pipes are far more durable than PVC pipes, with high resistance to root intrusion and other ground conditions. It also has a life expectancy of 50 years.
EASY TO INSTALL
Relining pipes is slipping through a liner which after the curing process will take the original pipe’s place as a brand new pipe. Easy to install and no need to dig up the pipe, repair it, and conceal it underground or behind your walls again.
Without the hassle and mess of digging, pipeline relining are completed in a mere matter of hours. No long waiting that can stretch up to days which is a normal repair timeline with the traditional repair.
peace of mind
- Feel more confident that you will never run into sewer pipe problems with your PVC for decades. Pipelining Sydney methods are backed with a product guarantee of up to 50 years.
- In summary, just like any durable pipe concealed underground, PVC pipes are also prone to develop problems as a result of installation errors, daily wear and tear, and alternating ground conditions – it is infallible, and when something goes wrong with it, major damage can take place that can be costly. That’s why as soon as it starts showing problems and while you can afford it, it would be a great deal of help to you to reline right away before it completely fails and the only sensible option you have is to replace the entire plumbing system.