When Sewer Problems Go Out of Control
- A well-maintained sewer system routes all waste to the city’s sewer without a fuss, but a lot of things can go wrong with the one that’s poorly maintained. If problems in the sewer line tick you off, stick around as we share with you the worst things that can happen when a sewer problem gets out of control and what will you do with it.
Severe Consequences of Sewer Lines that Got Out of Control
Foundation Cracks and Sinkholes
- Severe consequences of a worn-out pipe include foundation issues such as cracks in your slab and in some cases sinkholes. Sinkholes and foundation cracks are unpredictable but they can fairly be avoided. This happens when the main sewer line running under your foundation slab springs a leak and it goes undetected for a prolonged period. If your home is not on pilings but you notice the problems mentioned seem to exist, there’s a great chance that the problem may be attributed to a broken or leaking main sewer line.
- If you don’t want your sewer line to be sitting on a sinkhole, check your yard for spongy and soft spots and call the sewer professionals right away. If you have trees in your yard, you should pay close attention to which direction the roots are growing. Tree roots have a knack for squeezing through tiny cracks in sewer lines, which leads to water seeping out and into the yards. Foundation cracks and sinkholes are clear indications that there is a partially or completely collapsed pipe underneath and it’s time for you to call the sewer relining contractors to join the pipe again.
Wastewater Pooling in Yard
- It’s normal to find pooling water around your yard, but if the water remains long after the rains have ended, it’s obviously proof of something else going on down the line. Rainwater shouldn’t take long to get sucked up but when clogs become too severe, the result is a waste overflow or leaky pipes. When sewers overflow or the pipe breaks, everything that’s in it will come out. When this remains unfixed, the wastewater will form a puddle in your yard and may escalate into a sinkhole situation. This problem is not only awful, but it can also encourage disease-causing bacteria and put your family at risk, especially to kids and your pets when they’re exposed to it. So if this problem concerns you, call the sewer pipe relining Sydney experts right away to see if this is a suitable option for your situation.
Rodent Problem and Insect Infestation
- A failed sewer line will not only cost you tremendously, but it can also give the crawling creatures easy access to make it through sewer line cracks and into your homes. According to one’s reference work, a small German cockroach can fit into a crack in your pipes as thin as a dime, while a large American cockroach will squeeze into a space no thicker than a quarter. Cockroaches and rodents are common pests that live and thrive in the sewer line. Rats can make their way to the pipes underneath your property from the city’s sewer connected to yours. Hiring a pest control company may get rid of these creatures temporarily, however, if you have a compromised sewer line, they will never stop appearing in your home. To permanently get rid of them, you will need to do something on their entry point which will need a complete sealing off through sewer relining.
Indentation In Lawn or Under Pavers
- Another worst thing that can happen because of a broken sewer line is an indentation in your lawn or under pavers. Broken sewer lines can increase the moisture in the yard which will lead to the soil becoming softer and develop an indentation or dip above where your sewer line runs. Therefore, it is critical to let your sewers be seen by sewer pipe professionals as soon as you notice these indentations. Keep in mind, even a small indentation could mean a severely damaged pipe underneath. When you let this situation remain unresolved, a major yard renovation and pipe replacement may likely be needed. Before this happens, call Revolution Pipe Relining. We offer sewer pipe relining in Sydney service to fix broken lines before it will collapse and become completely unusable.
- In addition to the catastrophe mentioned above, your home’s structure can also suffer from damages because of a sewer problem that has gone out of control. A cracked sewer pipe behind a wall can cause the moisture level to shoot up which is enough for moulds to develop. So, if you notice mould growth in your home accompanied by sewer odor then you likely have a break in your sewage drain pipes. Get someone to fix this problem right away before it can lead to a full-blown home renovation job. Bear in mind, a collapsed sewer line will cost you tremendously more to fix than proactive repair will.
How to Avoid Further Damage in Your Home
- If you’re experiencing the problems above or you’re concerned your sewer might fail unexpectedly, call us for sewer pipe relining service before it’s too late. A neglected sewer can easily cause substantial damage to your home and makes repair even more challenging and costly. If you don’t want to get to this point, even worse, speak to us now.