Top 6 Things that Can Compromise Your Home's Sewer
- Oftentimes, homeowners give no thought to their plumbing, until it finally breaks down. But, it should not be the case. If there’s any part in your home that should remain in good shape at all times, it should be your sewer. Your sewer operates by directing wastewater away from your property and into the river, and other bodies of water. If something goes wrong with it, the wastewater can revert to your home. It’s prolly the most dreadful thing you’d wish you’d run into and yes, it sounds terrible. But with just a little tender love and care for your plumbing, it can be averted. Let’s explore the reason that can compromise your sewers and how you can prevent them.
Top 6 Things that Can Compromise Your Home’s Sewer
- #1 Tree Roots
- Tree roots are one of the top culprits of your sewer line problems that start outside your home. They are especially attracted to the nutrients of the sewage. As the roots forcefully squeeze themselves through trying to get access to these nutrients, they breach the pipe and create cracks big and small. Once they’re inside the pipe, tree roots can massively grow and completely jam up sewer lines! The bad news is, even if you don’t have trees on your property, a neighbour’s tree could easily become your worst plumbing nightmare.
- #2: Pipe Obstructions
- You guessed it right, clogs are also one of the top causes of sewer damage. Believe it or not, we’ve pulled all sorts of nasty stuff out of sewer pipes (rubbish, nappies, kid’s toys, fats, grease, paper towels, wet wipes, q-tips, feminine products) even toilet paper at one go. All of these can lead to blockages in your sewer pipes. So, despite how you take care of your pipes, hair, debris and dirt that have a knack at making its way through the drains, can create obstructions in your sewer lines over time.
- #3: Pests and other bugs
- We wish sewer rats were not dirty and don’t want to take over your sewer. Unfortunately, burrowing pests and other bugs are the greatest enemies of sewer lines. These monsters in the dark can loosen joints, turn tiny cracks into big cracks, and use pipes to thrive, grow and multiply. When you start seeing them around your home, you’re in bad luck for having a completely broken sewer soon.
- #4: Normal Wear-and-Tear
- How we wish everything would last forever but it’s just not the case. Just like anything in this world, time is also not kind to your pipes. Natural corrosion and years of buildup of sediments can create leaks and blockages over time. Regular maintenance and monitoring may be able to help, but ultimately your sewer pipes will be bound to their end of useful service life.
- #5: Standing Water Sitting in your Yard
- If water is sitting in your yard for a long time, even if it hasn’t rained, or you didn’t give your plants a good shower lately, there’s no question about it–your sewer line is broken. A broken line can be because of a cracked main sewer line, a faulty septic pipe, or a clogged drainpipe. If it is the latter, call a sewer pipe relining Sydney professional right away to fix the issue or you will only put your entire plumbing system in danger of completely failing. You know what it means when this happens, a total sewer line replacement and a possible massive digging activity inside and outside your home.
- #6 Foundation Shifts
- When it comes to plumbing, nothing is under your control, especially when talking about external factors. Earthquake, soil contraction due to a sudden change in underground temperature, can also impact the pipes structural integrity. This mother nature’s natural occurrences can cause sewer lines to sag and eventually develop ruptures.
- To prevent sewer lines from being compromised in the first place, it is important to regularly monitor these factors. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, our team can perform an inspection right away to make sure any small leak doesn’t turn into a disaster. Bear in mind, if a plumber has already made repeated and sedulous attempts to fix a leaky pipe and it’s not going anywhere, it is a good time to consider hiring a professional blocked sewer Sydney specialist.
How Can Blocked Sewer Sydney Specialists Help Avoid these Compromises?
If you’ve already come face to face with the factors mentioned here, you definitely need a blocked sewer Sydney specialist, like our team. We will always be on our toes to fix your broken or blocked sewer pipe. We will also give you some valuable advice on how to prevent future issues. With our CCTV drain camera, we can further investigate the cause of any leaks in your home. If we find out that your sewer line needs more than just clearing any clogs, we will recommend the best solution for you. Likely the case, when the pipe is severely fractured but still repairable, our sewer relining contractors will carry out a pipe relining procedure to repair the damages with little to no digging involved at all.
Relining sewer pipes will seal up leaks and gaps in your sewer, making it more durable and resistant to tree roots, so you won’t have to worry about running into these troubles again.